Why the name "bLog in Your Own Eye"?

Matthew 7:3 - 5 "Why do you see the speck that is in your brother’s eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother’s eye."

We should all endeavor to think rightly about ourselves and graciously about one another. We all have specks and logs in our eyes.

Sunday, April 18, 2010

10 Things I love...

Lovely Miss Valentine tagged me to do this. :D If you want to do it, go ahead; I'm not in the tagging mood.

1. God, and his sending His son to die for my sins.

2. My Family. They are wonderful, I could not ask for better parents or siblings. :)

3. My friends who have been there forever...while others have faded away.

4. Being out of doors, hiking, photographing nature, experiencing the marvelous creation of God.

5. Listening to a good sermon.

6. Playing tennis with my Father. (and others, but it's awesomest with my Dad)

7. Music...listening to it, but especially when I can make it. :) (I'm working on "It's De-Lovely" by Cole Porter on the piano) =D

8. Old things; clothing, vinyls, cars, posters, typewriters, etc. Anything you could find in Grandma's house. ;)

9. Desserts...especially chocolate ones. :)

10. The Blue Angels. (Can you guess what I went to see today?) ;)



(Picture from here)

So anyway. Yeah, you might wonder about the Blue Angel thing. Well, I've always had this odd hidden passion for airplanes. I don't know why, or how it came to be, but I just love to watch them and I've wanted to learn to fly for quite a while now. We live near an airport and Air Force Base, so we get a lot of planes around here. In the past few days the Blue Angels have been practicing and performing. I couldn't go yesterday, but my family and I were able to go today. It. Was. AMAZING. I loved it. LOVED it. The planes are Boeing F/A-18 Hornets (for those of you who it could mean something too...). They can break the sound barrier. Does it get cooler than that? Nope. If they come anywhere near where you live, go watch them. That's a command. Not a suggestion. :-P

Happy Sunday, and rest of the week to you all.

AO

No comments: