Why the name "bLog in Your Own Eye"?

Matthew 7:3 - 5 "Why do you see the speck that is in your brother’s eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother’s eye."

We should all endeavor to think rightly about ourselves and graciously about one another. We all have specks and logs in our eyes.

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Don't forget your goggles!

It's summer time, it's scorching outside (at least here), and you want to cool off. You probably think, 'Hey, maybe I can go to the pool!', but then you start to wonder about it, because you lost your goggles last summer and don't want to go to Wal-Mart to buy another pair. I have an easy solution. If you own an old house (been occupied by other folk before you), go run upstairs and look in the attic. You just might have the privilege of owning a vintage pair of goggles! I have a lovely blue pair, that my stuffed animal Danny Dog was willing to model for you.



The house we bought a few months ago, happens to have quite a "collection" of old stuff, and I found these in a box of toys in the garage. Who knows how long the box was there or what has been in it... . I absolutely love coming across old things like this. At first, I thought these might've just been super-hero goggles or something, but then a few weeks ago my Dad gave me the idea they might be old swimming goggles! And, I just noticed this morning that they truly are.




Let me warn you though, I've tried on these goggles just for fun, and they certainly aren't the most comfortable pair ever. But if you're desperate... :) Who knows what you'll find in the attic (or garage).

AO

1 comment:

Rick Owens said...

BTW, your goggles are in our bathroom cabinet, near the towels, on the right side. Is this improper use of a blog?