Why the name "bLog in Your Own Eye"?

Matthew 7:3 - 5 "Why do you see the speck that is in your brother’s eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother’s eye."

We should all endeavor to think rightly about ourselves and graciously about one another. We all have specks and logs in our eyes.

Tuesday, June 08, 2010

WOW

This past week was one of the most fun weeks of my entire life. I got to meet people I've known for at least two years, but never met face to face. I got to meet my teachers, and other people who have never been in any of my classes. Fun times... . We left last Tuesday, and the fun started Wednesday and went all the way till Sunday. We left Sunday afternoon and got back last night. Now is kind of a sad time, moment of silence almost, because we probably will not see our friends until next year. I am thankful for Skype though; it is a great way to keep in touch with those far-away friends. Another bit of sad news is that my Dad got a call from the boarding place our dogs were staying at, telling us our older dog Cami, had her tail cut in a door. This hit me hard, because I absolutely love my dogs. Cami's tail is one of those tails that is just skin and bone, so not much fat or anything to heal a wound. They said it was about a two-inch cut, but that they could also see some of her bone exposed, which is bad and could lead to an infection, which could lead to tail amputation. Right now, Cami is home with us, acting as normal as can be, but we are still praying her tail will heal well and quickly. So if you think about it, please pray for her, it would be very appreciated. :) I'm thankful though that the call from the vet was at the end of our trip, because if it were at the beginning, I would've been quite stressed and unable to have fun. God is good. :)

I'd love to tell you about my trip in one blog post, but I've already been talking to my friend via e-mail about it and my e-mails are much too long to put in one blog post. So I'll just highlight bits and pieces every now and again so it's easier for you to read, and fun for me to reminisce about.

The first day, Wednesday, we got up at 5:45am, to meet in the hotel lobby and board our buses, headed for the Big Apple. I've never been to New York City before, but it is a quite magnificent place. I would not want to live there for a lifetime, but I very much so would love to visit more. It is a very crazy city, from things you see, hear, taste, smell, feel; it overloads your senses. When we got there, we walked around a bit since we were too early for lunch, then we went to lunch at a place called Carmine's, which had yummy food, but served too much of it. After a while spent eating and talking, we walked over to the New Amsterdam Theatre, so that we could get in and find our seats to watch Mary Poppins. I have never seen a play as superb as this one. I truly loved the fact they had a live orchestra playing for them, and everything was real. The acting was outstanding, and the neat effects were quite entertaining. Movie actors need talent, but stage actors need everything. There is no stopping to re-film a scene. It is all live talent. God has given them such wonderful gifts, and they certainly are sharing them in a lovely way. The theatre itself was a wonder to behold. On this trip especially, I have found myself enjoying and desiring to learn more about architecture and design, so maybe I should start looking into that. Back to the show. The set was incredible. So much work goes into these plays. I am very thankful I was able to go to New York with my family this year. After the show, we hopped back into the bus and rode back to the hotel. We saw the Statue of Liberty from a distance, but not very clearly; and the Empire State building as well. It was such an enjoyable day. Here is one of my favorite pictures from NYC. It's just a sign I saw when we were on the bus, but it was rather hilarious, and I though I should share it with you. {apologies for it being cut off, but I was in a bus}




Tomorrow(or when I am able to post), I will write about our trip to Hershey Park! :)

AO

No comments: