Why the name "bLog in Your Own Eye"?

Matthew 7:3 - 5 "Why do you see the speck that is in your brother’s eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother’s eye."

We should all endeavor to think rightly about ourselves and graciously about one another. We all have specks and logs in our eyes.

Sunday, November 02, 2008

The Fair

If you've ever been someplace where you smell cinnamon rolls, elephant ears, funnel cakes, pizza, soda, hot dogs, hamburgers, and deep-fried pickles, then I am most positive that you were at a fair. I had the privilege of going to the fair in my town twice, once with my family, and once with a friend. I really liked the rides where you laid down on your stomach and flew around, that was awesome. And of course you have to do the Ferris Wheel first to scope out the park, and decide what to do first. More of my favorite rides are the swings that are so much fun, and the bench-like things that you can ride in the air across the fairground. We also got to pet the animals, and eat. I love eating, but thankfully I'm not fat. Anyway, I was noticing how the fair brings such an odd assortment of people together in one place. Its like the candy assortment you can buy at bulk candy stores, with good candy and bad candy, except its with people. It also brings out the best, and worst in people's personalities. You get to see the true person at work at the fair because there are so many different surroundings that your patience most of all, gets tested with your friends, your family, and the ride workers too. Anyhow, I'm sure you're getting bored by my long, long post, so I'll let you go about your merry way. As I always say, "Live now, post later."!

AO

1 comment:

Abigail said...

I actually made that up, I don't always say"Live now, post later", in case you're wondering. :)

AO