Why the name "bLog in Your Own Eye"?

Matthew 7:3 - 5 "Why do you see the speck that is in your brother’s eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother’s eye."

We should all endeavor to think rightly about ourselves and graciously about one another. We all have specks and logs in our eyes.

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Last night :)

Last night, my Church had a Fall Festival! It was going to be outdoors, but it was really, really, really, really, really, really, really, cold for South Carolina. They did have the s'mores and the hayride outdoors though. But inside, the hired a Caller, and so I learned to Square Dance! It is really hard to remember what the terms mean, and where to go, and which way is left and right...(unfortunately, I still struggle with that) But Square Dancing was a lot of fun, and there was BBQ which was absolutely delicious. Being someone born and raised in the South, I've been pretty much raised on BBQ. Back to the topic, after I ate, I pretty much danced the rest of the time there. I also should win the award for most hands touched in one day, because I probably touched a gazillion hands last night, and I'm personally not at all fond of touching other peoples hands. So, that was pretty much my whole evening!

AO

P.S
I think I might look into Square Dancing lessons, so if you've ever had more experience than I, do tell!

2 comments:

Jordyn Daniels said...

Is square dancing fun? Cause I HATE dancing but that is because you have to touch guys for "prolonged" period of time and as you know I do NOT like that:D! Do you have to touch your partner very often and stuff like if you did ballroom dancing?

~Southern Commander~

Abigail said...

Its fun, but you do have to touch people for prolonged periods of time :(. I had to dance with older men too, which was (in my opinion, worse) because their hands are all sweaty (yuck). But sometimes you're moving around a bit, changing partners and all... If that answers your question. :)

AO