Why the name "bLog in Your Own Eye"?

Matthew 7:3 - 5 "Why do you see the speck that is in your brother’s eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother’s eye."

We should all endeavor to think rightly about ourselves and graciously about one another. We all have specks and logs in our eyes.

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Warm Welcome

Well, today I'm happy. 1st, because I understood when my teacher was talking about Socrates and eschatology, 2nd, because one of my BESTEST friends joined the blogging community! Her name is Karis, and she's awesome! So check out her blog, if ya want, and tell her hey, or welcome, or bla bla, or whatever you feel like, as long as its nice. ;-) I guess i'll be seein ya........

AO

8 comments:

joyinthejourney said...

Well, your my BESTEST friend too!
AND... Your smart!
Oh, and thanks for adding, "as long as it's nice. ;-)" hehehe!

•Karis Brown• said...

Hey Abby!
Ok, the first post i posed from my moms.
I forgot she was on hers and i didnt long in to mine! lol!
I was saying Your my BESTEST friend too!
And your smart!
Oh, and thaks for adding, "as long as its nice. ;-)"
HEHEHE!

Abigail said...

Yeah, i guessed that. :) btw, whats the deal w/ tennis tomorrow???

AO

•Karis Brown• said...

Ok, well we are going to be playing from 3:00 - 5:00 pm. Its at the Dunes West tennis courts. You should definitely come!

~Karis

•Karis Brown• said...

Ok, Abby, help me out here. My mom says that your blog name, Blog In Your Own Eye, is referring to the scripture.
Is that true?

Abigail said...

OK, I'll tell my mom, do you need to call the gate or just tell them we're playing tennis?
And yes, your mom is right! At the bottom of the page, there is a description, so check it out. :)
AO

•Karis Brown• said...

Just say your coming to play tennis. Just make sure you dont have like a bag over your head or a gun in your hands and I'm SURE they'll let you in. ; - D jk!
I'll call in a pass though. Just to be on the safe side.
Oh, well i was wrong about the name. hehehe my mom is probably going to rub this is my face now! GREAT! LOL

Abigail said...

Yeah, I probably won't be carrying a gun, lol. I'll plan on being there! yay, i'm excited!
AO