Why the name "bLog in Your Own Eye"?

Matthew 7:3 - 5 "Why do you see the speck that is in your brother’s eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother’s eye."

We should all endeavor to think rightly about ourselves and graciously about one another. We all have specks and logs in our eyes.

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Jousting, theft and exams

A lot has happened since my last post. So here I am to give an update.

First, you're probably wondering about the title, and thinking we may have been robbed. Nope. I was referring to the lovely, must-see movie my family just saw. If you know me very well, you know that I love old movies. L-O-V-E them. They are the best. The movie we saw (released 1966) is titled How to Steal a Million, and it stars Audrey Hepburn (gorgeous lady) and Peter O'Toole. It is a romantic comedy and it's definitely worth your time. Even my Dad liked it (and that means a lot, because he usually doesn't like those kinds of movies). So, right now, go find it somewhere and watch it. You will love it.

My youngest sister did a reading program a few months ago and won a coupon thing for a chance to go to a dinner theater called Medieval Times. It was the awesomest thing EVER. It is this huge castle-like building, that has medieval things everywhere. The give you paper crowns when you walk in, and tell you which knight to cheer for at the tournament (in our case, it was the Red and Yellow Knight). So we had Dragon Soup (tomato soup), a Baby Dragon (a big hunk of chicken), Dragon toes (half a potato), Dragon fingers (spare ribs), Dragon tongue (bread slice). And then an apple turnover that didn't have a fancy name. The food was good; and I think it was the first time I'd actually eaten dragon. ;) The acting was awesome. Everything was very well done. So if there is a Medieval Times Dinner and Tournament anywhere near you, be sure to visit it sometime. The only thing that bothered me about it, was how commercialized it was. The main room where you wait to be seated had gift stands on every wall. It was quite an eyesore. But other than that, it was great.

Then I have exams. I could use lots of prayer on them! I only have three and that's good. So I might not be posting for a while due to exams, then a trip right after exams. But I might find time to post something.

AO

No comments: